Sunday, February 22, 2009

Anti-social tendencies...

And not just related to my blogging! I think I have them. I don't know how or why it happened, but I do seem to have become anti-social in my older years. I used to be a loud, boisterous theatre person who had to be the center of attention, and now I've become someone who is quite happy in her quiet apartment, reading a book. In fact, most nights, I would rather do the latter than go out somewhere with a group of people. I wonder if my current occupation has done this to me? I work for a very social, very cliquey organization, where I'm surrounded by extroverts all day. I do think that this has pushed me into the introverted camp. That, plus my crowd claustrophobia, has made me somewhat anti-social I think. I don't like this about myself. I really don't. I need to work on this. Any suggestions?

Back to running...after a quality running week, I decided to take the weekend off. Abe and I went out of town to visit his family, and while I could've run out on the prairie, I decided not to. I had a speedy tempo run (average pace 8:48!) on Thursday night, and then a nice recovery run of 6.5 on Friday morning. My legs felt worked, so I took the weekend off. I think it has helped me mentally, too, because I'm really looking forward to running tomorrow. It'll be an easy 4, but it'll be warm-ish and sunny! Woohoo!

In other fun running news, my tax return has come! That means NEW RUNNING SHOES! Yes! I will be placing my order tomorrow. I'm planning on getting a new pair of Asics 2140s, and then a pair of DS-Trainers for speedwork, and easy days. I remember being told once that it's good to alternate your shoes when you run a lot (if you could call 25 miles over 5 days a lot, which most people wouldn't, but give me time!!). That's what I'll do.

So, back to blogging. I tried blogging via Runnersworld.com, but something just didn't feel right. And this way, my only reader (my dear soon-to-be husband) can leave comments.

I'm looking forward to this week. I think it'll be a good week, running-wise, and non running-wise. I'm staying positive, and I am going to be more social.

PS--I re-read some of my old posts, and had to chuckle. Especially at my comments about the FIRST plan, and my post-marathon feelings. While I think the FIRST plan has merit, I've abandoned it in favor of building a base for higher mileage, and I'm totally doing TCM this fall. Oh well. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home