Wednesday, June 11, 2008

So, I rocked my speedwork last night. So much for worrying that I wouldn't be able to hit 8:06 for each of my 1600 m repeats. My times were: 7:54, 7:57, and 7:51. Oops. :) It was hard, though, and that's good. Speedwork has gotten easy recently, and it's time to to put the "work" back in "speedwork." Mission accomplished last night.

All in all, it was a good start to marathon training. It was funny--I was talking to my mom last night about the race and she said "Oh, I thought you weren't going to train for it?" Um, yeah. No. I'm going to train like my life depends on it! I have no clue where she got that idea, but I'm certainly training for this race. Hard. Bring it on!

Oh. Hmm. One thing I just remembered--before I started my speedwork last night, I did an extra-long warm-up, that included some butt kick and knee lift drills and some strides. I wonder if that helped at all? Guess I'll try it next week and see what's what.

Thursday is a 6 mile run, with 2 miles easy, 2 miles at short-tempo pace (8:39) and 2 miles easy. Nice and easy. Weekend is 13 miles done at 10:09. Total mileage for the week will be 25 miles.

Fun times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home